Today let me tell you about the exciting new launch of INTEL. We are already aware of the latest release of Intel this year, which is the Next Generation Xeon Processor formally coded Broadwell-EP Xeon E5-2600 v4. It is a great fit for High-performance computing (HPC) . It could be easily upgraded from its prior generation up to 40% higher performance. It was achieved through three different key things that will walk through; A “Broadwell” Microarchitecture, Higher Core Counts and Memory Speed, moreover Application Performance Gains.
Intel Xeon Processor E5-2699A v4
We already know that the recent versions did a commendable work because of their proficient designs. Now it has become an authoritative part of the Datacenter and the HPC (High Phone Computing) market. The company is working really hard to release a faster and efficient version from previous ones.A newer, faster version of the existing Broadwell E5-2699 v4 is introduced by Intel. The company Intel named it as “Xeon E5-2699 v4”, which will be launched in 2017. Like previous versions it has the following features:
- 22 Cores
- 55MB of L3 Cache
- Base Clock increased from 2.2 GHz to 2.4 GHz
- 145W of TDP set for this part
- Price of $4115 US
Intel Xeon Processor E5-2699 v4 is a chip which has similar features to that of 2699v4, offers some extra features such as:
- 200 MHz Clock boost.
- A 4.8% LINPAC gain due to the clock speed up to 2.40 GHz.
- Price of $4938.
Skylake-EP Xeon E5-2600 V5 Processors will be available in Mid-2017
Intel is having Skylake-EP, the next generation Xeon Purley platform ready to display in the coming year, 2017. The launch will be near Computex 2017. The Skylake-EP chips possess some extra features such as; Advanced Vector Instructions-512 which accelerates encryption algorithms and floating-point calculations. For providing high-speed network and interconnections, Intel had integrated Omni Part architecture within these chips.
Next-Gen Intel Skylake-EP/XP v5 Purley Platform Specifications
Purley platform is an extensible and amalgamated platform that has the following specifications:
- In Skylake-EP and Skylake-EN lineup it support 2S, 4S and 8S Chips.
- Features Storm Lake Gen 1 Architecture (Intel’s Next-Gen Omni-Path interconnect).
- Delivers 100 GB/s Interconnect speed supporting lower latency of 56%.
- Provides an updated socket that features 3647 pins, named as LGA 3647.
- Socket contains DDR4 DIMM slots for easy latency solutions.
- Purley will be an expansion of Intel’s server platform offering a number of enhanced features.
Next Gen Intel Xeon Phi Processor Codenamed” Knights Mill”
Skylake Xeon V5 will be competing with AMD’s Zen based Naples in the coming year, 2017. Intel has a standard in the server market from very long time but AMD is all ready to compete with it. For AI learning Intel has announced to launch Next-Gen Xeon Phi named “Knights Mill” processor in 2017.