How to update LG G4 to CM 14.1 ROM
Today I have interesting news for the LG G4 device users. The grand LG device can now be easily updated to Android 7.1 Nougat OS by installing CM14.1. First, let me tell you about CM14.1.
CyanogenMod Platform (CM14.1)
CyanogenMod has now made available for download CM14.1 Nightly ROM available on some selected devices including LG G4 CM14.1. Android 7.1 is an interesting feature of CM14.1 and it includes some other fascinating features of official CyanogenMod which include: Live Display, Privacy Guard, Protection Guard, Protected Applications and etc. Nowadays a number of devices are using CM14.1 Nightly builds; here is a list of those devices:
- LG G3
- LG G4
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 5X
- Moto G series
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- OnePlus 3
There are a number of things you should know before using CM14.1. The ROM works fine only with devices that it support. It might have minor issues because it is an initial Nougat Alpha build. You should keep a backup of your device data before you use it because it may remove all your stored data, moreover you should keep your phone charged to avoid any sudden shut down during the installation.
- Think of it as a simple update operation.
- Keep a complete backup of your device before starting the process, because it may erase your data.
- Keep the USB cable near your device.
- Keep your device charged up to, 60% at least in order to avoid any sudden shut down during the installation process.
STEPS TO UPDATE LG G4 TO ANDROID 7.1 CM14.1 ROM
- For your LG G4 first, download CM14.1 package (T-Mobile OR International) and also the Google App packages.
- Without extracting them, just save these files on your computer.
- Switch on your phone and using the USB cable, connect it to your PC.
- Now copy the files from your computer to your phone and unplug the USB cable.
- Then you need to switch off your phone.
- Now reboot recovery by switching on your phone while pressing and holding together, Volume Up+ Power keys.
- The next step is to wipe data by selecting wipe data/factory reset and also by selecting wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache.
- Choose “Install zip from SD card” and “Choose zip from SD card” by going back to recovery.
- Select the CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat file and install it on your LG G4.
- Now flash the Google Apps package by repeating the last step.
- Last step in to reboot your LG G4 by selecting” reboot system now”. And be calm during the booting process.
Now you can easily use the exciting Android 7.1 Nougat system on your LG G4.